PTCMW SERVICE AWARD
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington (PTCMW) Service Award recognizes individuals for their service to PTCMW and support in achieving the goals and mission of PTCMW.
Established in 1977, PTCMW and its members seek to advance the science and practice of I-O psychology and related fields through high-value professional growth and networking opportunities. Connecting with other I-O Psychologists, sharing the latest research and applied approaches, and growing as a professional are what members expect of PTCMW.
SUMMARY OF AWARD PROCESS
- PTCMW members or professional associations submit nominations
- Past PTCMW Presidents vote to choose recipient
- The award is presented during PTCMW’s annual Fall Event
CRITERIA FOR AWARD SELECTION
Individuals nominated for this award should most nearly emulate and provide support for the tenets that PTCMW was founded on. The award is given to individuals who have volunteered significant time to further the goals of PTCMW as a member of PTCMW. These activities may include (but are not limited to): serving as a member of the PTCMW board or as a PTCMW committee member or volunteer, presenting at PTCMW events, or otherwise exchanging ideas and best practices with members of the PTCMW community. Nominees do not need to be a current member of PTCMW.
Thank you for your contribution in helping recognize people for their service to PTCMW and the I-O community.
TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION
Submissions for this award should specifically explain how the nominee has met the criteria listed above. Please click on the link at the bottom of the page to download the nomination form.
Instructions for filling out the nomination form:
1. Include contact information (download the nomination form below):
- The name, telephone number, and e-mail address of the nominee;
- The name, telephone number, and e-mail address of at least one person who is familiar with the contributions to PTCMW and personal qualities of the nominee; and
- The name, telephone number, and e-mail address of the person who prepared the nomination (if different from b. above).
2. Provide a narrative:
- 300 words or less description of the nominee's prior and on-going commitment to PTCMW and the I-O community (e.g., through colleague or board member testimonials); and
- Listing of PTCMW board and/or committee positions held, PTCMW event participation, and general impact to PTCMW and the I-O community.
Please provide as much pertinent information as possible. It is advisable to include information regarding the results of the nominee's contribution(s) and actions, as well as a description of the contribution itself.
Please send nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF 2018 NOMINATIONS IS:
WEDNESDAY, September 25, 2019
2018 Ilene Gast
2017 Dan Putka
2016 Ted Rosen
2015 Ted Hayes
2014 Lance Saberhagen
1989 Jean Linehan
Please CLICK HERE to download the nomination form