This is just a reminder to look carefully at the Pre-Conference Workshops being presented at the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology’s (SIOP) 28th annual conference on Wednesday, April 10, 2013, at the Hilton Americas in Houston.
Workshops are a great opportunity to learn and network with industry leaders and others who share your same interests. By attending workshops, you will:
- Dig into some of key organizational issues and learn how organizations are addressing those issues, what the research says, challenges encountered, and how you can apply this information in your organization
- Have the undivided attention of nationally and internationally recognized experts
- Learn not only from the presenters in the workshops but also from other members attending your workshops
- Walk away with practical tools that you can take back to your organizations to help you address real business issues
- Receive 3.5 CE credits for attending each workshop
- Enjoy an exclusive opportunity to network with other workshop participants and presenters at a hosted luncheon and networking event following the workshops
Workshops cover a wide array of cutting edge topics such as integrating talent management to drive organizational performance, assessing legal risks of assessments, alternative validation strategies, creating a coaching culture, and retooling performance management processes.
Some topics that might be of special interest to PTC members are:
- Broadening the Basis for Validation Evidence: Alternative Strategies and Their Implications (presented by S. Morton McPhail, CEB Valtera; Calvin C. Hoffman, LA County Sheriff's Department; Damian J. Stelly, CEB Valtera)
- Assessing the Legal Risks of Your Assessments (presented by Kathleen K. Lundquist, APTMetrics; Lawrence Ashe and Nancy E. Rafuse, Esq., Ashe, Rafuse & Hill, LLP)
- Retooling Performance Management: Science, Practice, and Art (Presented by Seymour Adler, AON Hewitt; Miriam Ort, PepsiCo)
- Psychometrics for the Rest of Us, Practical Answers to Common Measurement Questions (presented by Jeff Foster, Hogan Assessment Systems)
Something NEW for 2013! For the first time, we are offering an opportunity to register for one workshop (either morning or afternoon) at a reduced cost. For those of you who find it difficult to attend a full day of workshops, this option should give you more flexibility to attend, learn, and network!
Registration costs are $400 (full day)/$300 (half day) for SIOP members and $650 (full day)/$485 (half day) for nonmembers. Fees include all registration materials for the workshop(s) attended, lunch, and reception. For those of you who need continuing education (CE) credits, 3.5 hours of CE credits will be awarded for each workshop attended.
The workshops operate on a first-come, first-serve basis, so be sure to save your place today. Click here for workshop and registration details.
We hope to see you in Houston!