Hello PTCMW Members and Friends! It is time for another monthly update on the PTCMW operations.
Monthly Educational Sessions
September’s workshop was held on September 23rd. Titled “Job Analysis in the Virtual World: Maintaining Engagement with SMEs and Clients”, Alexis Avery (CBP), Marni Falcone (FMP Consulting), Josh Isaacson (KPMG LLP), and Peter Seely (CDC) provided attendees with a great session and actionable takeaways! Thank you to all who attended; members can access the recording in our webinar library.
For October, PTCMW is focused on the Graduate Student Consulting Challenge. We will be back with a presentation event on November 18! Drs. Nathan Kuncel and Paul Sackett will present respectively on Using Decision Making Research and Theory to Enhance Hiring Decisions and New Developments in Stereotype Threat: Implications for High Stakes Testing. More to come!
In Other News
On September 28, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) issued a press release regarding their enforcement of the President’s new Executive Order: EO 13950. The EO was issued to “promote economy and efficiency in Federal contracting to promote unity in the Federal workforce, and to combat offensive and anti-American race and sex stereotyping and scapegoating.”
Contractors should review the EO, as it can impact existing or planned training programs.
Get Involved with PTCMW
If you are looking to get involved with PTCMW, we have many volunteer positions available – including:
- Technology Support: This focuses on helping with managing any virtual event – from managing registrations and communications to overseeing the technology aspects of the live events (as well as post-even activities).
- Monthly Session Planning: This focuses on identifying topics and speakers, and coordinating upcoming events.
- Website Support: This focuses on managing and improving the website content and format.
- Blog Support: This focuses on identifying content and contributors for the blog; we are always on the lookout for additional items that will be exciting and useful to our membership.
- Community Organization Liaison Support: This focuses on growing PTCMWs connection with and support of other sister IO organizations in the DMV area.
- Graduate Student Liaison Support: This focuses on maintaining and expanding our connections with local graduate student programs.
Please reach out and let us know if you are interested!
Additionally, we will be sending out communications to identify upcoming, open 2021 PTCMW Board positions. Please be on the lookout for that information and think of nominating yourself or someone else!
We look forward to continuing our efforts to connect, share, and grow with you.
Emilee Tison, PTCMW President