United States Secret Service
Location: Washington, D.C.
About the Organization
The United States Secret Service is mandated by statute and executive order to carry out two significant missions: protection and criminal investigations. The Secret Service protects the president and vice president, their families, heads of state, and other designated individuals; investigates threats against these protectees; protects the White House, vice president’s residence, foreign missions, and other buildings within Washington, D.C.; and plans and implements security designs for designated National Special Security Events. The Secret Service also investigates violations of laws relating to counterfeiting of obligations and securities of the United States; financial crimes that include, but are not limited to, access device fraud, financial institution fraud, identity theft, computer fraud; and computer-based attacks on our nation’s financial, banking, and telecommunications infrastructure.
About the Job
The selectee will serve as a Branch Chief in the Human Resources Research and Assessment Division responsible for leading the development and validation of effective competency-based assessments for employee selection, promotion, career development, and organizational effectiveness.
Additional duties of this position may include:
- Performing a full range of supervisory functions.
- Conducting research studies to evaluate the effectiveness of existing HR systems and tools, and consulting and advising management of conclusions and recommendations.
- Utilizing knowledge of test theory, psychometric methodology, and statistics to research and analyze HR data related to hiring, retention, and workforce analysis.
- Designing and revising Secret Service policies and operating procedures as they relate to human capital initiatives.
- Preparing comprehensive recommendations for improving/streamlining operations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit www.usajobs.gov for application procedures. After accessing this website, select “Search Jobs”, then enter the associated job announcement number in the field labeled “Keyword Search”. The job announcement number for this job opportunity is HUM-MB370-16-DE.
Note: Applications will be accepted through December 16, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.