Arlington County Government
Location: Arlington, VA
Arlington County is looking for a Senior Human Resources Analyst to serve as a Recruitment and Selection expert on HR’s Staffing team. This individual will work as a strategic business partner with hiring managers to identify staffing needs, to define and develop a recruitment and sourcing plan for assigned position vacancies, and to offer selection strategies that result in quality talent acquisition. The successful individual will have experience and knowledge of recruitment, sourcing, outreach, and selection methodologies and strategies for a variety of positions that yield desired positive results and outcomes.
Recruitment duties include:
- Designs, develops and creates recruitment and sourcing strategies with a focus on filling County vacancies expediently with quality hires;
- Creates (writes) job announcements ensuring that complete and accurate information about the job, selection criteria, and special requirements, is provided in a clear, concise and appealing manner;
- Provides subject matter expertise to hiring managers throughout the recruitment life cycle offering advice and guidance on recruiting and market trends, sourcing approaches, interview questions, salary negotiation techniques, etc.;
- Develops an appropriate evaluation strategy or selection method with a focus on streamlining the screening process and identifying top talent with critical competencies;
- Manages the applicant tracking system (NEOGOV) to ensure efficiency and data integrity;
- Responds to inquiries from applicants and maintains relationships with top candidates regarding any and all aspects of the County's recruiting and selection process providing responses by telephone, email or in person.
Sourcing duties include:
- Develops sourcing strategies that fully utilize a variety of tools and resources (including professional career websites, job boards, social media, etc.) as part of a full cycle recruiting plan;
- Seeks opportunities to enhance diversity of applicant pool;
- Enhances Arlington's brand as an Employer of Choice in key and specialized markets and social media outlets.
Selection duties include:
- Creates and validates, or guides others in creating oral panel interview questions, work simulations, and assessment center exercises using accepted methods that include job analysis and content or criterion related validation strategies;
- Ensures accuracy in test materials or scoring while working under time constraints;
- Serves as a technical expert on employee assessment and selection providing advice and guidance to a variety of audiences;
- Ensures selection processes and documentation are in compliance with legal requirements and professional standards and defends validity of selection processes.
At a minimum the desired individual will have a combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management, Public Administration or a related field plus professional recruiting and selection experience in a municipal, corporate or similar environment involving a variety of occupations. We are looking for someone who has a combination of job analysis, recruitment and selection expertise, with a proven record of building and managing relationships with internal and external departmental customers and applicants.
Key areas of consideration:
Experience managing the employee life cycle with an emphasis on recruitment and selection and implementing strategies to attract and identify the best talent;
Experience conducting job analysis for the purpose of determining the essential functions of a job and qualifications;
Experience developing selection strategies including testing, work simulations, and/or interview questions;
Experience with sourcing and recruiting using multiple methods;
Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and applicant tracking and HRIS systems;
Superior oral and written communication skills;
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on creating innovative solutions to recruitment and selection challenges;
Strong knowledge of employment laws, professional standards, case law, and government compliance regulations that affect recruitment and selection practices.
The desired individual will possess a Master's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, and a human resources-related certification such as SPHR or PHR and will also have experience in two or more HR disciplines preferably in recruitment, sourcing, and selection that includes executive-level search and selection.
Generally, Monday through Friday but a flexible work schedule and telecommuting are encouraged. Some weekend and work after normal hours may be required.
This position is part of a broad band, competency-based pay system, and may be filled at any level, including the entry level, within the established broad band depending on qualifications. Entry salary within the band is based on a review of qualifications and experience. The pay band above encompasses entry through senior-level work. Pay potential will be based on performance and employee development.
Please complete each section of the application. A resume may be attached, however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.For more information, or to apply, please visit the job announcement on Arlington County’s Careers page here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/arlington/jobs/1548410-0