Location: Washington DC
About the Organization
AvantGarde employs a "One Stop Shop Solution" to meet complex organizational goals through information technology, human capital management, and organizational development. AvantGarde blends together individuals with exceptional knowledge and past performance across four key areas of an organization's investments – People, Process, Strategy, and Technology.
AvantGarde was founded with a vision to create a diverse team of seasoned consultants and experts. Our experts have the skills, knowledge, and experience of finding a single-integrated solution to address your areas of complex and pressing issues. We focus on meeting our clients' business needs while analyzing tasks from start to finish and consistently delivering reliable services and solutions that yield high Returns on Investments (ROI) investments.
About the Job
Assist AvantGarde Consultants in the design, implementation and evaluation of strategic human capital programs and processes, including: workforce planning; competency modeling and development; recruiting, hiring and on-boarding; succession planning; performance management; leadership and employee development; and employee engagement programs. Work can be performed remotely and/or at AvantGarde Headquarters in Rockville, MD. Some travel will be required to customer sites in Alexandria, VA; San Antonio, TX; and Monterey, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the senior consultant and project manager by contributing to the development of project plans, scheduling and preparing for focus groups and interviews, gathering background documentation, and interacting with agency employees and managers.
• Contribute to the team’s project efforts for leadership development, organization assessment, strategy development, team effectiveness, training design and delivery, change management, project management and business process optimization.
• Participate in evaluations and assessments designed to identify and define issues, review and analyze data, and evaluate/document best practices.
• Participate in client employee and manager interviews to gain an understanding of current processes and organizational challenges, preparing interview notes.
• Conduct data or anecdotal driven analysis and interpretation for the project team.
• Attend client and team meetings, record action items and track progress.
• Compile findings and develop recommendations with the project team.
• Coordinate and communicate study results via written reports and oral presentations.
• Develop report and presentation templates, and prepare presentation materials to include developing presentation content based on senior consultant and/or project manager guidance.
• Draft report chapters and incorporate feedback from the project team and the client.
• Review final draft documents for grammar and completeness.
• Maintain project files.
• Master’s Degree and 5 years of experience in human resources, industrial organizational psychology, organizational development, business, or government administration; or a Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of experience.
• 3 years of experience supporting federal government client projects.
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate and build rapport with colleagues and clients
• Excellent writing and analytical skills.
• Advanced Microsoft office skills, with exposure to MS Project and Visio.
• Ability to travel to customer sites in Alexandria, VA; San Antonio, TX; and Monterey, CA.
• Federal human capital experience is preferred.
To be considered for this position, please apply using the following link: http://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?jid=392961&cid=7715