The Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) is looking for a talent assessment and measurement professional to conduct applied research projects for federal civilian and military agencies, private sector organizations, and/or professional associations.
About the Organization
HumRRO is a nationally recognized, non-profit applied research and consulting organization, established in 1951 and headquartered in Alexandria, VA with offices in Louisville, KY; Minneapolis, MN; and Monterey, CA. We provide our clients with customized solutions for complex business, HR, educational, and organizational challenges. Our areas of expertise include personnel selection and classification, education research and evaluation, human capital management, measurement and analytics, talent development, leadership development and evaluation, employment research, policy analysis, modeling and simulation, survey research, and professional credentialing. Our employees enjoy a highly collaborative and supportive environment that fosters innovation, ethical practice, and outstanding customer service. HumRRO offers its employees competitive salaries, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, flexible work options, annual professional development support, and an enriching environment in which to focus or diversify their talents and contribute to the benefit of our clients, society, and science.
About the Job
The Research Scientist role is an integral component of HumRRO’s operational framework. Work may include:
• Conducting job analysis;
• Designing and implementing research and analysis plans;
• Developing various cognitive and non-cognitive measures, including online role plays, job knowledge tests, situational judgment tests, in-baskets, and logic-based reasoning measures;
• Collecting and analyzing data and interpreting results;
• Writing technical reports and orally presenting project findings;
• Assisting in the development of proposals to secure new contracts.
The position requires knowledge of industrial-organizational psychology and measurement; a strong foundation in applied research design, test construction and validation, methodology and statistics (using SPSS, SAS, and/or R); the ability to ensure technical quality, timeliness, and adherence to budget; and excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and teamwork skills. Candidates should be willing to work on a variety of types of tasks and projects and possess a desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA, but employment in our Louisville, KY or Minneapolis, MN offices will also be considered.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Doctoral degree in industrial-organizational psychology or a closely related discipline preferred; we will consider an individual with a master’s degree and highly relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing at all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member or leader of a team
• Willingness and interest to work on a variety of projects and tasks
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and manage own work and the work of others
• Desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs
• Demonstrated commitment to meeting high standards for product and service quality
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Apply here: http://humrro.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-772393.html