Location: McLean, Virginia
The MITRE Corporation is a not-for-profit organization chartered to work in the public interest - we help government agencies objectively address meaningful and exciting challenges of critical national importance, with no commercial conflicts to influence our work, our decisions, and our recommendations. Our social and behavioral scientists work in collaborative environments on interdisciplinary teams to develop transformative solutions, all while allowing our employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world.
Our social and behavioral scientists apply and advance MITRE's capabilities in fields such as psychology, anthropology, and public health. We are seeking scientists who are flexible and adaptable with a broad range of social and behavioral science skills. Our scientists typically perform the following activities:
- Applying social and behavioral science theories, methods, and findings to a diverse set of national and global challenges
- Creating, validating, and deploying surveys that improve understanding of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors
- Developing appropriate research questions and designing studies and methodologies
- Recruiting research participants
- Helping government agencies understand, evaluate, and use survey datasets
- Developing and validating measures and assessments that help government agencies understand and enhance the performance of their workforce
- Performing quantitative, qualitative, and statistical analyses
- Evaluating and recommending software tools based on data collection and analysis needs
- Developing guidebooks of sound practices in data development, validation, and reporting
- Reporting results and recommendations
- Providing consultation and training in data collection and analysis methods
- In addition to activities like these, opportunities exist for our social and behavioral scientists to conduct original research and develop innovative methods, applications, and capabilities.
Applicable Bachelor's degree and 5+ years hands on experience in survey design and analysis and other human data collection approaches, experimental methods, quantitative analysis, and qualitative analysis.
Must be a U.S. citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a Department of Defense clearance.
PhD in a social/behavioral science discipline (e.g., psychology, psychometrics, educational testing and measurement, sociology, economics, organizational sciences, anthropology, public health) and 3 years related experience.
Preference given to candidates with an active DoD clearance.
Apply at: https://mitre.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/senior-social-behavioral-scientist-3675