Location: Mclean, VA
About the Organization:
As the consulting arm of the International Association of Fire Chiefs, Emergency Services Consulting International (ESCI) has reliably met the needs of emergency services agencies for over 40 years and is a national leader in fire, EMS, communications and law enforcement consulting. Find out more about ESCI at www.esci.us.
The ESCI-Fields Human Capital Division specializes in selection, promotion, and training for public safety clients and is seeking a punctual, organized and enthusiastic individual for an I/O Associate position. The Human Capital Division is based out of Mclean, Virginia.
As an I/O Associate, you will partner on the development and implementation of human capital projects, including selection and training.
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Conduct research
· Conduct job analysis interviews and observations
· Develop surveys
· Develop selection measures (assessment centers, multiple-choice exams, interviews, video-based testing, situational judgment tests)
· Administer assessment center exercises
· Develop training programs
· Conduct and lead training
· Process and analyze data using a variety of data analysis tools including Microsoft Excel and SPSS
· Produce reports/materials for client deliverables
· Assist with community meetings and strategic planning workshops
This role will work independently on a number of projects as well as cooperatively with senior consultants and project managers.
· Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in I/O Psychology or related field (Leadership, Organization Behavior, Human Resource Management)
· Strong quantitative skills required, including experience with SPSS, other statistical packages
· Ability to create complex documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills, strong attention to detail
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience in technical writing
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of basic consulting principles
· Ability to meet multiple demands and deadlines
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work well and communicate with others within the organization
Salary and Benefits:
· Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
· ESCI offers a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, disability, paid-time off, 401K, and other employee benefits.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org