Location: Raleigh, N.C. office (preferred) or Washington, D.C.
Position Title: Consultant
Department: Personnel Selection and Litigation Support (PSLS) Division
About the Organization
DCI Consulting Group (www.dciconsult.com) is a Human Resources (HR) and Risk Management firm located in downtown Washington, D.C. DCI staff are thought leaders in the application of I/O Psychology to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action compliance matters. DCI consultants have particular expertise in adverse impact measurement and other EEO analytics, affirmative action plan development and compliance, personnel selection procedure development, evaluation and validation, pay equity research, diversity and inclusion analytics, and Litigation/OFCCP audit support. DCI’s clients are a cross-section of private sector, federal agency and public sector clients. Private sector clients represent a wide range of industries, including aerospace and defense, financial services, pharmaceuticals, high technology, retail, and manufacturing. DCI staff also work directly with a number of national law firms to provide related litigation support services.
DCI is seeking a Consultant with expertise in labor economics and statistical programming to support members of the Personnel Selection and Litigation Support (PSLS) team in conducting pay equity studies; adverse impact analyses of hiring, promotion and termination decisions; and quantitative analyses to assess claims in employment discrimination and wage-and-hour lawsuits. The PSLS team is staffed by Labor Economists and I/O Psychologists with particular expertise related to job analysis, selection procedure evaluation/development, validation research, EEO analytics, predictive analytics, litigation support, and post settlement/court ruling remedial research and consulting. Staff work on a balanced portfolio of proactive research, OFCCP audits, EEOC matters, and private litigation.
· Supporting project logistics as necessary
· Developing statistical analysis programs in SAS or R
· Conducting analyses, particularly pay equity studies, utilizing DCI’s proprietary analytical software
· Assessing, compiling and scrubbing data files for subsequent analyses
· Conducting literature reviews
· Preparing technical or expert reports
· Presenting results to the client and other stakeholders, including lawyers and federal agency staff and (if applicable) in the context of litigation support
Job level is dependent upon expertise. In general, the ideal candidate would have a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Labor Economics and the following:
· 1-2 years (if Master’s) of research or consulting experience for a Consultant role
· Programming, model building and regression analysis in statistical analysis programs (such as SAS or R)
· Familiarity with a variety of statistical concepts, including statistical significance tests for categorical and continuous data, multiple linear regression analysis, logistic regression analysis, etc.
· Strong critical thinking and writing skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
· Experience conducting literature searches and writing in technical style
· Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· A willingness to work under multiple deadlines
· Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
DCI offers an attractive compensation package, a dynamic work environment, and a wide range of unique and interesting applied research projects in the EEO context. To apply for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DCI is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the DCI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.