Location: Bethesda, MD
As the world’s largest travel company, Marriott International offers unmatched career opportunities and a culture that empowers associates to succeed on their personal journey.
The Marriott International Headquarters, located at 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda MD 20817 is currently hiring a Manager, Talent Selection and Assessments (Job Number 190014XA).
Want to join a team of Industrial/Organizational Psychologists supporting a global organization? This position may be for you. Marriott International is a Fortune 200 company with 7,000 locations in 130 countries and territories and over 430,000+ managed associates world-wide. Our team of I/O psychologists work to deliver best-in-class selection tool, performance management, and engagement survey solutions for a diverse global workforce in an innovative, dynamic, and complex organization.
This position is within the Selection and Assessment team and supports the ongoing development and implementation of global talent management programs, leads and conducts analytic projects associated with selection programs and tools, is involved in attitudinal and job analytic surveys for all of our brands, performs statistical analyses, and is able to provide thought leadership for project and change management efforts in support of all projects and programs falling under the Selection and Assessment team’s responsibility. The scope of this work crosses all Marriott brands and Continent organizations.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A PhD degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
- Experience in areas such as personnel selection, job analysis techniques, competency modeling, change management, performance appraisal, survey design, statistical analysis, and employment law relevant to personnel selection and performance evaluation preferred.
- Skilled in MS Office and statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, R).
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Work with internal team members and manage external vendor(s) to develop, implement, and sustain talent selection tools, including assessments and interview guides, that support the company’s objectives and identify best talent in a timely, effective, and efficient manner.
- Participate in the design, development, and deployment of new selection processes and assessment tools
- Coordinate data collection and analysis, development of recommendations and action plans, and provide support for implementation and ongoing evaluation.
- Assist in the delivery, management, and reporting related to Marriott’s global interview program.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to support cross-functional teams, including members from HR Centers of Expertise (COEs), brand organizations, and operational disciplines to continuously improve the approach to talent selection and development practices.
Interested persons should apply directly at 190014XA.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.