Location: Alexandria, VA
Job Title: Fall Intern (September – December 2019)
About the Organization
GSX is a veteran-owned firm that designs, implements, and manages innovative strategies and workforce solutions that enable organizations to better leverage people to meet current and future workforce challenges. Today, GSX provides a suite of human capital solutions that support a competency-driven talent pipeline for education, private, and public enterprises.
Our paid interns enjoy hands-on work experience, mentoring from experienced professionals, and metro reimbursement.
About the Job
GSX is looking to hire a fall intern to support various projects across Government and Higher Education institutions. Internship length may depend on project availability and applicant experience/time constraints (i.e., summer internship or longer). Working under the direction of I/O Psychologists, an Intern will support the analysis of work functions including the development, implementation, and maintenance of knowledge and skills-based assessments. Ideal candidates will have applied experience in supporting both quantitative and qualitative analytic efforts and is proficient in basic analytic tools.
- Develop job analysis surveys for clients to create skills standards
- Assist in the development of assessment items and exams for certification programs
- Conduct data analysis on surveys and certification exams
- Develop visual representations of data analysis for client deliverables and presentations
- Conduct literature reviews and develop reports for research projects, including reviewing academic and business literature
- Assist with subject matter expert focus groups and interviews
- Assist with the merging qualitative and quantitative data into appropriate databases for analysis (e.g., SPSS, Excel, etc.)
- Assist with the adjudication of Subject Matter Expert comments of project deliverables
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Statistics, or a related field or currently working on a Master’s degree
- 0-1 year of experience applying I/O Psychology methods, facts, and principles in an organizational or work setting (applied experience during a graduate program internship is acceptable)
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity
GSX is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. GSX is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants for our job vacancies.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.