American Institutes for Research (AIR)
Location: Washington, D.C. (Georgetown area)
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading behavioral and social science research organization. We are a collaborative organization that works with clients to examine a wide range of projects from early childhood development to adult education. AIR prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant federal, state, and private organizations. Our vision is that research-based problem solving can improve the lives of all people.
AIR is seeking a Principal I/O Researcher for its Human Capital Solutions team with background in I/O psychology to lead expansion efforts into federal and commercial markets. The position is located at our headquarters in Washington, D.C. (Georgetown) though other locations may be considered.
The Principal Researcher will have proven successes in business development, client and project management, and leadership of teams. Business development responsibilities will include identifying new opportunities, leading capture efforts, and putting together winning proposals and teams in the areas of human capital and training. Candidates must possess extensive experience working with federal agencies as a contractor or consultant.
· Serves as a leader in business and staff development.
· Develops new market offerings in area of expertise.
· Conceptualizes research studies and applied human capital projects.
· Directs and manages complex components of large projects and oversees the planning, design, and implementation of project protocols, instruments, and procedures.
· Cultivates and manages relationships with current and potential clients and partners.
· Reviews, analyzes, and synthesizes information using appropriate practices and techniques and/or ensures all projects are conducted with sound practices and techniques.
· Serves as industry expert and contributes ideas and information to support project efforts through the publication of papers and delivery of presentations
- PHD in industrial and organizational psychology or related field with a minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience managing and/or conducting research or related work.
- 10 + years project management experience.
- Expertise in human capital and training solutions services such as job analysis and competency modeling, workforce planning and analytics, recruitment and selection, talent management, performance management, training and professional development, credentialing.
- A track record of successful collaboration in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience integrating technology-based solutions into human capital offerings.
- Must possess strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills at a managing level.
- Extensive success in writing, conceptualizing, analyzing, and consulting at a managing level.
- SPSS or other statistical software preferred.
- Tableau or experience with other data visualization tools preferred.