Location: Bethesda, MD
As part of Marriott’s Talent Management Analytics & Solutions (TMAS) team, this position supports performance initiatives and programs that align with and nurture a high performance culture. The primary responsibility for this position involves supporting key aspects of global human capital programs with a focus on enterprise-wide performance management (PM) and human capital planning (HCP) programs. Specifically, this position supports the design and implementation of ongoing performance and human capital planning processes and tools, and will be an internal subject matter expert on the Oracle HCM Cloud Talent Management module. This position will also support communication, training, and related data reporting to support program adoption and usage by HR leaders, managers of others, and associates. This position consults and collaborates with other Centers of Expertise (COEs), such as Total Rewards and Learning & Development, as well as colleagues in regions all around the world, in order to provide an integrated talent experience for our associates and managers. Additionally, this position may often collaborate with external consultants and/or vendors as part of accomplishing their day to day responsibilities. The scope of this work crosses all 30 Marriott brands and locations across 132 countries and territories around the globe, whereever hotels are managed by Marriott International.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience required.
- At least 1 year of experience, working with Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud (HCM), required; experience with Talent Management module a plus.
- Experience in these areas preferred: performance management, human capital planning.
- Skilled with MS Office and Excel.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Performance Management and Human Capital Planning Program Support
- Participates in the design, enhancement, and implementation of enterprise-wide technology-enabled performance management and human capital planning systems, working with internal team members as well as external vendor partners.
- Maintains and communicates the annual calendar for the enterprise performance management process.
- Supports increasing adoption of continuous performance management approaches.
- Serves as a key analyst for performance management and human capital planning evaluation and reporting.
- Educates HR COE and market leaders on how to maximize performance management and human capital planning tools’ reporting capabilities to evaluate trends and translate into digestible, actionable information to support decision making.
- Addresses questions and issues from HR leaders, or issues escalated from the support desk.
- Uses HR systems and tools (e.g., web applications, software, surveys) in accordance with company standards and policies.
- Develops and monitors project plans for specific performance management initiatives, escalating issues as needed to manager.
- Works with external or internal vendors to achieve timely construction and launch of new tools and proceses.
- Under direction from the manager, manages vendor activities and directs vendors with regard to project tasks.
- Collaborates on development and execution of communication, change management and sustainability plans for effective enterprise deployment and user adoption.
Contributing to Continuous Process and Tool Improvement
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and outputs and presents ideas to manager for review.
- Participates in all technology development, testing, and system evaluation.