Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO)
Location: Alexandria, VA
The Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) is looking for measurement professionals to conduct applied research projects for federal civilian and military agencies, state government agencies, private sector organizations, and professional associations.
About the Organization
HumRRO is a nationally recognized, non-profit applied research and consulting organization, established in 1951 and headquartered in Alexandria, VA with offices in Louisville, KY; Minneapolis, MN; and Monterey, CA. We provide our clients with customized solutions for complex business, HR, educational, and organizational challenges. Our areas of expertise include personnel selection and promotion, classification, education research and evaluation, human capital management, measurement and analytics, talent development, leadership development and evaluation, employment research, policy analysis, modeling and simulation, survey research, and professional credentialing. Our employees enjoy a highly collaborative and supportive environment that fosters innovation, ethical practice, and outstanding customer service. HumRRO offers its employees competitive salaries, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, flexible work options, annual professional development support, and an enriching environment in which to focus or diversify their talents and contribute to the benefit of our clients, society, and science.
About the Job
The Senior Staff Scientist role is an integral component of HumRRO's operational framework. Work may include:
- Designing and implementing research and analysis plans;
- Directing the execution of moderate to large scale research projects, including managing the work of more junior researchers and ensuring compliance with quality, timeliness, and budgetary requirements
- Developing various custom assessments, including cognitive and non-cognitive measures (i.e., job knowledge tests, situational judgment tests, personality assessments and logic-based reasoning measures, physical abilities tests);
- Designing and executing rigorous organizational assessments and evaluations;
- Developing and administering assessment centers and simulations for public safety, industry, and business;
- Developing programs using advanced statistical packages (R preferred) to manipulate and merge large data files;
- Collecting and analyzing data and interpreting results;
- Writing technical reports and orally presenting project findings;
- Leading the development of proposals to secure new contracts
- Mentoring and developing more junior researchers.
The position is for a highly experienced researcher with the proved ability to lead applied research design, assessment development, validation, and statistical analysis projects. Candidates should be broadly knowledgeable of psychometric measurement; data collection, management, and analysis techniques; test development, validation, and administration principles; and other applied research domains. In addition, candidates should have a successful track record of directing and managing projects and leading project teams, including the ability to ensure technical quality, timeliness, and adherence to budget; and excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and teamwork skills. Candidates should be willing to work on a variety of types of tasks and projects and possess a desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA but employment in our Louisville, KY or Minneapolis, MN offices may also be considered.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Doctoral degree in in industrial/organizational psychology, quantitative psychology, or a closely related discipline preferred
- Eight-plus years of highly related experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a leader of a team
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more content or methodologies listed above
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement creative research solutions
- Willingness and interest to work on a variety of projects and tasks across our lines of business
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and manage own work and the work of others
- Desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting high standards for product and service quality
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.