The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Location: Washington, D.C.
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
TCSPP Washington DC is currently searching for a part-time industrial and organizational psychology professor who can develop a theoretical based curriculum using practical experiences to build a solid foundation of concepts and material. Candidate should be able to effectively communicate syllabus expectations and demonstrate time management skills in keeping students on track in developing the understanding of predesignated theories, concepts, and practical applications. Candidate will also be responsible for mentoring and advising students in the Masters of Industrial Organizational Psychology program, including finding and securing potential internship placements for students in their second year.
· Utilize the syllabus to develop curriculum based around theories, material, and knowledge of subject matter pertaining to class
· Utilize time management techniques to regulate lessons, labs, exercises, and presentations
· Demonstrate practical application of material in a real world working environment
· Run the annual assessment center (recreating a real world working environment to test student skills) and provide student learning feedback
· Promote critical thinking and communication skills through scenario based role playing and experiential practices
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer