Society for Human Resource Management
Location: Alexandria, VA
SHRM Certification, part of the Knowledge Development and Certification division, provides gold standard, next-generation credentials in the field of human resources. These credentials provide HR professionals the opportunity to demonstrate their mastery of the core competencies needed to ensure success in today’s demanding business environment. Members of the Certification team research, develop, manage, validate and improve the certification exams and certification program.
The Certification Research Analyst handles a wide variety of research and validation activities associated with the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certifications. The Analyst focusses on working with large data sets to review, synthesize, analyze and report findings from these data to support the needs of the certification program and other departments/divisions within SHRM that benefit from these data. The Analyst also communicates results via reports, marketing collateral, press-related communications as needed and contributing to development of new programs (e.g., professional development programs), products and services resulting from and relating to the data. Consequently, cross-organizational collaboration plays a large role in this position.
- Support all research and validation activities around the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP examinations including research and validation studies and other activities.
- Analyze test and related data using statistical packages (e.g., SPSS, R).
- Manage large datasets of test and related data.
- Develop technical reports describing research activities (e.g., purpose, method, analyses, results, conclusions).
- Serve as the point of contact for validation subject matter experts engaged in practice analyses and criterion validation of SHRM certification examinations.
- Develop and execute collaborative opportunities with the Knowledge Division and other content producing and disseminating departments such as Publications and Professional Development.
- Support the development and maintenance of additional resources and products for HR professionals based upon certification research.
- Collaborate with SHRM Marketing and Public Affairs department to develop a marketing campaign for SHRM certification examinations.
- Master's degree.
- 3 years of professional work experience.
- Excellent analysis and statistical analyses skills using SPSS (or another major statistics program).
- Demonstrated ability in project management and leading research and development efforts.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present to both academic and practitioner audiences.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Some knowledge of the HR field and a network of thought leaders in HR and management.
- Familiarity with R and/or Python or willingness to learn.
Let us know if you also have:
- Advanced degree in the field of testing, educational measurement, industrial-organizational psychology or a related field.
- Experience in a high-stakes global testing program/environment or in an association/membership organization.
- Prefer extensive knowledge and skills in R and/or Python
Regularly required to sit; talk and hear, use hands to type, file, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk, lift, carry and move light to medium weight. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and learn technical information. Light lifting is required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force to constantly move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. This job requires occasional travel 0-10%.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.
Please see https://careers-shrm.icims.com/jobs/1441/analyst%2c-certification-research/job for more information and to apply.