Location: Arlington, VA
FMP Consulting (FMP) is a leading management and strategic consulting firm. With extensive expertise in both the government and private sectors, FMP's knowledgeable and experienced staff have served as outside experts and trusted collaborators across a variety of clients. Beginning with the firms founding in 1991, FMP has embraced the core values of partnership, flexibility, and service. These values form the foundation of our approach and guide us in every aspect of our work.
For the tenth consecutive year, FMP has been recognized with a Companies as Responsive Employers (CARE) Award by the Northern Virginia Family Services for our dedication to employee wellbeing and community involvement. We have also been named a Top Workplace by The Washington Post for three years in a row, and in 2016, we were a finalist for SmartCEO’s GovStar Award in the category of Star Workplace. We are committed to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment while providing excellent service to our clients.
We are currently seeking a Managing Consultant to join our growing team.
A Managing Consultant at FMP will have the opportunity to:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients, ensure FMP’s reputation remains in the highest standing, and that our work results in high quality, innovative deliverables
- Manage a portfolio of projects and lead project teams to meet client goals in a dynamic and high-performance environment. Examples of efforts may include:
- Lead teams to identify and validate competencies and KSAs for client organizations in accordance with legal and professional standards
- Lead teams to apply and implement competencies across a range of human capital processes (e.g., competency gap assessments, competency-based hiring practices, competency-based training)
- Lead teams in the design, development and administration of surveys
- Lead teams to conduct advanced data analyses, including quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Partner with clients on projects such as workforce planning, workload models, strategic planning, and succession planning
- Serve on the management team and contribute to strategic and tactical decisions
- Shape FMP’s culture of high performance through continuous feedback to consultants
- Model collaborative communication to make sure teams are functioning well and team morale remains high
- Supervise, develop and mentor a team of approximately 8-12 consultants
- Lead innovative and competitive business development efforts to result in a healthy portfolio of projects and business growth
- Utilize expertise to expand work with existing clients and generate new clients
- Improve FMP by leading and encouraging participation in internal initiatives, expanding network of resources, and helping recruit top talent
The minimum qualifications for a Managing Consultant are:
- 8-10 years of related experience
- Master’s degree, or bachelor’s degree with additional experience, in an area of study related to industrial organizational psychology, human resources, organizational development, business, or government administration
- Demonstrated skill in:
- Written and oral communication
- Developing positive and professional networking relationships
- Report writing and the production of deliverables
- Problem solving; analysis; critical thinking
- Balancing multiple priorities and tasks
- Complex project management
- Team leadership
The preferred qualifications for a Managing Consultant are:
- Broad knowledge and experience working with Federal government human capital and/or management practices
- Significant client management and business development experience
- Related professional certification
- Doctorate degree in a field of study relating to data analysis or business, industrial organizational psychology, or human resources
- Demonstrated thought leadership and knowledge of current research and I/O practices
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: We are committed to an inclusive and positive culture that supports all employees and values diversity in all forms. We value diverse perspectives and experiences and seek to create an environment that embraces innovation and information sharing in a safe and inclusive space. This isn’t just a smart business practice—it is a fundamental characteristic of the organization we want to be and an area where we continue to learn and grow.
EEO Statement: FMP is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and we are committed to the concept and practice of equal employment. All applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or other legally protected status. We welcome and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Interested Applicants may contact email@example.com or apply online at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=22236&clientkey=B8A72E68B0232D27F818D1A72E430386