Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (U.S. Department of the Treasury)
Location: Washington D.C.
Apply Here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568427700
Serves as Director for Educational Program Development, and reports to the Associate Deputy Comptroller for Human Capital.
As a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (HR Development), you will:
Direct the development of educational courses and programs (e.g., training, development, formal educational programs) to facilitate agency goals. Serve as the agency subject matter expert (SME) on matters related to instructional design and development, including advising senior leadership on these matters. Manage and participate on task forces and organizational studies which focus on training, education, and design/development issues.
Provide technical advice and guidance to staff on methodology, approaches, and professional standards related to educational design and employee development. Establish objectives and goals in support of the OCC strategic plan. Develop short- and long-term plans affecting continuing education efforts.
Conduct briefings on the status of new of existing educational programs to internal and external stakeholders at varying organizational levels.
Maintain current knowledge of training and development requirements in bank supervision areas. Monitor changes in instructional design technologies to ensure that agency programs maintain state-of the-art quality and status.
Perform the duties of a second line supervisor (e.g., evaluates performance, makes personnel decisions, assesses training needs).
Occasional travel required - To attend conferences and/or training.
Conditions of Employment
- Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a one-year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Travel occasionally to attend conferences and/or training.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement: You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-VI band or GS-14 level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
- Experience applying instructional systems design principles and practices in order to provide oversight and direct activities associated with employee development programs and activities.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
For more information and instructions on how to apply for this position, visit USAJOBS using the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568427700