U.S. Department of Defense
Location: Alexandria, VA
Apply Here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569139100
As a Interdisciplinary at the GS-0180/1515/1530-12/13/14, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Develops, delivers, and reports on TAP (Transition Assistance Program) evaluation and assessments essential to the operation and improvement of transition assistance missions.
- Develops statistical analysis plans and data management procedures.
- Plans and organizes evaluation projects, researches issues to be assessed and consults with TAP experts.
- Provides evaluation findings, interpretations, and recommendations on program improvements to other TAP specialists to facilitate transition assistance service delivery programs
Conditions of Employment
- Security: Non-Critical Sensitive with access to Secret
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume at least one (1) year of specialized experience that equipped them with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of the position and is directly in or related to this position. To be creditable, specialized experience must be at the GS-12/13/14 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS) positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
You may qualify at the GS-12, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service:
- Assisting in the development of measurement concepts, instruments and tools.
- Collecting, analyzing, interpreting and presenting quantitative data.
- Participating in the development and design of statistical methods and techniques used in analyzing problems.
You may qualify at the GS-13, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service:
- Interpreting policy and regulatory requirements to determine the best method of data evaluation and analysis methods used for analyzing problems.
- Developing data evaluation instruments, measures, and tools such as surveys, field observations and questionnaires.
- Consulting with management officials on conducting statistical analysis, methods and techniques.
- Establishing general specifications of data content, collection and dissemination.
You may qualify at the GS-14, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service:
- Technical expert in performing quantitative statistical analysis using complex analytic methods.
- Advises management officials regarding appropriate uses and limitations of personnel measurement devices and survey techniques.
- Develops changes to plans and/or methodology as needed.
- Recommends applicable changes needed to policy and regulatory requirements based on conducted statistical analyses.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For more information about this job posting, please visit the "Apply Here" link above.