FMP Consulting, Inc.
Location: Arlington, VA
Apply for this job here.
FMP Consulting (FMP) is a leading management and strategic consulting firm. With extensive expertise in both the government and private sectors, FMP’s knowledgeable and experienced staff have served as outside experts and trusted collaborators across a variety of clients. Beginning with the firm’s founding in 1991, FMP has embraced the core values of partnership, flexibility, and service. These values form the foundation of our approach and guide us in every aspect of our work.
For the tenth year in a row, FMP has been recognized by the Northern Virginia Family Services with the Companies as Responsive Employers (CARE) Award. FMP Consulting is also proud to announce that we were recognized in the Washington Post’s Top Places to Work in 2020. We are committed to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment while providing excellent service to our clients.
We are currently seeking an Operations Program Manager to join our Internal Operation and Strategy Team.
As an Operations Program Manager at FMP, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Apply and enhance your strong technical and/or project management expertise across a broad range of strategic human capital, organizational effectiveness, and process-oriented improvements
- Develop and direct the development of a wide variety of deliverables (e.g. reports, tools, project plans, briefings, and/or data analyses)
- Provide leadership, activity planning, coordination, and day-to-day direction as needed to complete deliverables that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of internal operations
- Analyze current business practices to identify areas for process improvement and create project management templates for all stakeholders
- Serve as the main point of contact with any external vendors, specifically those focused on facilities maintenance and special projects
- Oversee FMP IT requirements and lead any future enhancements and implementations
- Foster a collaborative environment within the organization
A Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Government Administration or related field, and 6-8 years of relevant work experience; OR a Master's degree in similar field and 4-6 years of relevant work experience
Demonstrated skill and experience in:
- Serving in a consultative role working with a variety of stakeholders
- Effectively communicating (oral and written) in matrixed organizations
- Being attentive to detail
- Developing positive, professional relationships
- Report writing and document preparation
- Using Microsoft Office Applications (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Problem solving; analysis; critical thinking
- Balancing multiple priorities and tasks
- Strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Building communication plans as well as executing against them
- The management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Building and supporting cross-functional relationships
- Effective presentation skills
- Knowledge of federal government human capital and/or management practices
- Experience using analytical or project management software or tools
- Related professional certifications
- Current security clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance