U.S. Office of Personnel Management
Location: WASHINGTON, DC; DENVER, CO; KANSAS CITY, MO
Open Period: August 24, 2020 to September 4, 2020
Salary: $64,660 to $133,465 per year
Series & Grade: GS-0180-11-13
About the Job
Are you interested in joining a team of industrial/organizational psychologists delivering employment and organizational assessment services to Federal agencies? You could be working to develop, implement, and evaluate assessment tools for selection or promotion; develop and administer surveys; analyze data using SPSS, Excel, or R; write technical reports; conduct job analysis/competency modeling or gap analysis and/or program evaluation.
These positions are in OPM’s HR Solutions, Assessment & Evaluation Branch (AEB). AEB provides assessment services on a reimbursable basis to other Federal agencies and offers a fast-paced environment where your duties and responsibilities will involve interacting with other psychologists, HR Specialists, and program managers across offices within and external to AEB.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and/or participating on project teams to develop and/or contract for innovative assessment tools.
- Conducting Government-wide and/or agency job analyses.
- Developing and implementing competency models, workforce gap assessments, and leadership assessments.
- Helping agencies identify, evaluate, and solve organizational problems using satisfaction surveys, employee surveys, focus groups and action planning.
- Establishing project objectives, activities, timelines, budgets, and staffing plans.
- Advising agencies and internal senior management on implementing assessment strategies.
- Evaluating training, candidate development, or other human resources programs.
These vacancies will be filled through a combination of Career and Student Pathways Recent Graduate positions. If qualified to do so, individuals can be considered for multiple position types and eligible individuals are encouraged to apply for both Recent Graduate and Career positions.
- U.S. Citizen or National
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Must complete initial online questionnaire and additional assessments
Basic Education Requirement: All applicants must have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited or pre-accredited academic institution leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major or equivalent in psychology to receive further consideration.
To qualify for the GS-11 position, which is the least senior position, you must have completed all requirements for a Master's degree (or equivalent) in Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology or related field (e.g., applied, social, or applied social psychology, or organizational development); OR Completed all requirements for a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in I/O Psychology or related field; OR Completed 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the Federal GS-09 grade or pay band in the Federal service performing I/O Psychology duties (e.g., developing and implementing research plans; conducting complex statistical analyses; assisting with developing assessments and organizational surveys; assisting with focus groups and surveys to collect job analysis data; carrying out project activities to develop tests consistent with professional and legal requirements (e.g., the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures), including item development or review; and documenting research results). An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be used to qualify for the GS-11 grade level. Please see the job opportunity announcement for the specific qualification requirements for the GS-12 and GS-13 grade levels.
To meet the Recent Graduate Program Eligibility requirements, you must have obtained a qualifying Associates, Bachelor's, Master's, Professional, Doctorate, Vocational or Technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution, within the previous two years (veterans may have up to six years to apply due to their military service obligation). More information about the Student Pathways Recent Graduate program can be found here: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/students-recent-graduates
How to Apply:
For a full description and to apply, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576982400
Recent Graduates can also apply via: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576982600