Location: Anywhere (U.S.)
Apply here: https://www.betterup.com/en-us/about-us/careers?gh_jid=2339689
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
Our team is looking for an intern or contractor to support critical data analysis and behavioral insight generation. This individual will provide essential support to the client-facing team members, arming them with advanced analyses, visualizations, and insights from client data. You’d aid in preparing materials that will be in prospects and clients’ hands, guiding their decisions, and next steps. We are looking for someone who is passionate about telling powerful stories that can help companies support their people. Having an interest in applying your domain and analytic expertise in new ways is a plus.
- Pull, clean, and merge data
- Conduct advanced analytics for strategic accounts and opportunities (with quantitative and qualitative data)
- Visualize data with accessible and impactful graphics
- Describe data and findings in a way that is accessible to our clients, the market and a broad audience
- Translate data into polished PPT slides that communicate a compelling narrative
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to prepare presentations
Required Skills / Experience
- Deep experience in data analysis in the social sciences with a strong command of R and the Tidyverse packages (e.g., dplyr & ggplot) as a toolset for statistical analysis, visualization, and interactive reporting in the context of large and/or complex data sets.
- Applied data analysis experience and experience or interest in translating insights from science-to-practice
- Demonstrated expertise in translating analytical results into client-facing figures, charts, and insights.
- Post-Masters progression and current enrollment in a PhD program in I/O Psychology, Educational Psychology or a closely related area, including completion of coursework in related topics (e.g., training, leadership, measurement, research methods, advanced statistics).
- Intermediate experience with Excel, Powerpoint, Google Sheets, and Google Slides is required.
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Domo, and Mode is highly valued. Experience with SQL is not required but is nice to have.
- Strong partnership and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a high bar for craftsmanship.
- This is a purely remote contractor role. Virtual meeting and collaboration tools will be provided.
- Delivery time for the various activities will vary depending on their complexity and urgency. In general, a few day’s turn-around will be typical.
- Payment will be for reported hours worked. This role is expected to be part-time, 20-25 hours per week.
- Working term - 10 months
- Start Date - ASAP
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.