How to Apply: (see links below)
Mercer’s Workforce Strategy and Analytics (WSA) practice is at the forefront of rapid advances in the fields of workforce science, people analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through statistical analysis and expert consulting, we help our clients unlock critical insights about their talent programs and processes that lead to more effective practices and build more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforces. If you are interested in using data to solve workforce problems, advance the diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts of global companies, and be part of a collaborative team of professionals, we would like to hear from you.
Some of our core projects include:
- Pay equity studies to help our clients achieve equitable pay for all employees regardless of their demographic background
- Internal labor market analyses to identify drivers of key workforce outcomes, such as retention, engagement, pay, promotion, and performance: informing interventions our clients can undertake to make these outcomes more equitable
- Data informed strategic workforce planning that enables our clients to plan for the future of work, ensuring the right people with the right skills will be in the right place at the right time
- External labor market analyses to help our clients better understand the labor markets in which they operate, and how this impacts worksite location decisions, recruiting strategies, and efforts to diversify their workforces
If you enjoy coding and applying statistical methods, have a passion for improving diversity, equity, and inclusion, and are interested in learning from experts in talent analytics, our team has openings with an opportunity for you to innovate, grow, and advance. In this role, you will:
- Prepare data for various analyses – download, structure, and clean large databases
- Perform and interpret statistical analyses, including regression modeling
- Identify tangible workforce insights and communicate recommendations to clients
- Draft, proof, and deliver presentations to clients, including executive audiences
- Create and/or improve analytical tools
- Own and deliver entire portions of projects, within timeline, maintaining high levels of attention to detail
- Contribute to internal team initiatives (e.g., train other team members and participate in team-building activities)
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience in a quantitative social science field (e.g., economics, psychology, biostatistics, or related field); or an advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in a quantitative social science field
- At least one year of experience working with large databases, including structuring, cleaning and preparing for analysis
- Experience coding in a statistical programming language - SAS and/or R preferred
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques, including regression
- Ability to communicate technical findings in a tangible and easy to understand manner
- Strong collaboration and teamwork orientation
- Strong learning orientation; desire to acquire new skills and capabilities
- Interest in helping clients connect data and analytics to people outcomes – particularly DEI outcomes such as pay equity and equitable career advancement
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Links to Apply:
- · Workforce Strategy and Analytics Consultant job in 155 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606, United States of America | Consulting jobs at Marsh & McLennan (mmc.com)
- · Workforce Strategy and Analytics Consultant job in 350 South Grand Avenue, Two California Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90071, United States of America | Consulting jobs at Marsh & McLennan (mmc.com)
- · Workforce Strategy and Analytics Consultant job in 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036-2708, United States of America | Consulting jobs at Marsh & McLennan (mmc.com)
- · Workforce Strategy and Analytics Consultant job in 1050 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20036, United States of America | Consulting jobs at Marsh & McLennan (mmc.com)
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every single day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of building more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re crafting affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as motivations for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.