Location: Chevy Chase, MD (Washington D.C. Area)
Apply here: https://careers.geico.com/us/en/job/R0017581/Training-Evaluation-Analyst
GEICO is one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers. Our company is a household name known for its clever marketing, low rates and outstanding customer service. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we've been consistently rated superior for financial strength.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Are you a talented, experienced professional with training measurement and test development experience ready to join our People Analytics team? Based in the corporate office in the Washington, DC metro area, this team provides support to advance our recruiting, selection, and training strategy.
We are looking for our newest team member to help us optimize our training evaluation lifecycle. This role will help evaluate our training process by updating existing materials, identifying gaps in current processes, and designing studies to evaluate current training programs, provide suggestions for improvement, and analyze and validate training outcomes.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Developing training evaluations to measure knowledge transfer and predict associate outcomes
· Designing and conducting studies to determine the criterion validity of evaluation materials
· Analyzing training results to identify which associates are on-track to reach performance milestones and to identify areas associates are likely to need support with to be successful
· Collaborating with training stakeholders to understand the learning objectives of training courses
· Reviewing and updating current quizzes and test library for internal trainings
· Determining and applying the best technique to measure training success (tests, quizzes, role-plays, manager observation)
· Building measurement plans to evaluate the value (ROI) and organizational outcomes of training programs
· Conducting needs analyses to identify gaps in training curriculum
· Determining valid cut-scores for all existing and new evaluation materials
The ideal applicant will have:
· Master’s degree Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Educational Psychology, Psychometrics or related field
· 1-3 years of experience of training evaluation development
· Proficiency with SPSS and/or SAS and Excel
· Background in or advanced coursework in Statistics including univariate and multivariate methodology
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and project manage
· Phillip’s or Kirkpatrick’s Training Certification preferred
• Compensation commensurate with experience
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
As a full-time People Analytics Analyst, you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
· Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period*
· Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
· 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
* *Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates.
GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
· Security Policy
· EEO Statement
GEICO Recruiting Privacy Notice of Collection: