Location: Arlington, VA
Apply here: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1097400/senior-research-scientist
Amazon’s Talent Assessment team designs and implements groundbreaking hiring solutions for one of the world’s fastest growing companies. We work in a fast-paced, global environment where we must solve complex problems (ranging from research-based to technical) and deliver solutions that have impact.
We are seeking personnel selection researchers with a strong foundation in the development of pre-hire selection assessments, traditional and alternative legally defensible assessment validation approaches, research methodology, and data analysis. Preferred candidates will have experience in applying new methodologies and technology such as machine learning and natural language processing. We are looking for equal parts researchers and consultant/thought leaders who are highly adaptable and continual learners who thrive in a fast paced environment.
You will work closely with global teams to design and experiment new hiring solutions that predict success for highly complex roles (technical and non-technical) that have great impact on Amazon globally (for example, AWS, Kindle, Retail, and Business & Development).
What you’ll do:
· Lead the tactical development and execution of large scale, highly visible personnel selection research projects
· Develop and iterate on experimental research studies to optimize qualitative and quantitative hiring strategies
· Develop and innovate on new pre-hire test assessment design, validation, and implementation
· Partner with internal and external technology teams
· Influence executive project sponsors and multiple business and development teams across the company
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 5+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· 3+ years experience investing the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· Master’s degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field
· 5 years of relevant experience in applied selection practices, job analysis, test development, and validation
· Foundational skills in conducting experimental research studies and data analysis
· Proficiency in at least one statistics program (SPSS, R, SAS, etc.)
· PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field
· 5-10 years of relevant experience in applied selection practices, job analysis, test development, and validation
· Strong internal consulting skills and a track record of influencing stakeholders
· Proven skills in experimental research design