Location: Alexandria, VA
How to Apply: https://humrro.applicantpool.com/jobs/534091.html
The Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) is looking for measurement professionals to assist with applied research projects for federal civilian and military agencies, state government agencies, private sector organizations, and professional associations.
About the Organization
HumRRO is a nationally recognized, non-profit applied research and consulting organization, established in 1951 and headquartered in Alexandria, VA with offices in Louisville, KY; Minneapolis, MN; and Monterey, CA. We provide our clients with customized solutions for complex business, HR, educational, and organizational challenges. Our areas of expertise include personnel selection and promotion, classification, education research and evaluation, human capital management, measurement and analytics, talent development, leadership development and evaluation, employment research, policy analysis, modeling and simulation, survey research, and professional credentialing. Our employees enjoy a highly collaborative and supportive environment that fosters innovation, ethical practice, and outstanding customer service. HumRRO offers its employees competitive salaries, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, flexible work options, annual professional development support, and an enriching environment in which to focus or diversify their talents and contribute to the benefit of our clients, society, and science.
About the Job
The Research Associate role is an integral component of HumRRO's operational framework. Work may include:
- Assist in developing and revising work products such as assessments, surveys, and training materials;
- Assist in collecting information and data using various methods (e.g., workshops, interviews, surveys, organizational records);
- Write or revise syntax to execute basic statistical analyses using Excel, SAS, SPSS, R, or other analysis programs, with review from senior staff;
- Assist in developing various custom assessments, including cognitive and non-cognitive measures (i.e., job knowledge tests, situational judgment tests, personality assessments, logic-based reasoning measures, physical abilities tests);
- Assist in developing and administering assessment centers and simulations for public safety, industry, and business;
- Writing technical reports and orally presenting project findings.
The position requires a strong foundation in applied research design, assessment development, validation, and statistics (using SAS, R or SPSS); knowledge of psychometric measurement; experience manipulating, merging, and cleaning data files through user-written syntax in SAS or R; the ability to ensure technical quality, timeliness, and excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and teamwork skills. Candidates should be willing to work on a variety of types of tasks and projects and possess a desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA but employment in our Louisville, KY or Minneapolis, MN offices may also be considered.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master's degree in industrial/organizational psychology, quantitative psychology, or a closely related discipline;
- Related work experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing at all levels of an organization;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member or leader of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and manage own work;
- Desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs;
- Willingness and interest to work on a variety of projects and tasks across our lines of business;
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting high standards for product and service quality.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.