Salary - $79,184.77 - $131,974.34 Annually
Location - FAIRFAX (EJ32), VA
Job Type - FT Salary W BN
Department - Human Resources
Job Number - 19-02283
Closing - 10/25/2019 11:59 PM Eastern
Pay Grade - S30
Posting Type - Open to General Public
To apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fairfaxcounty/jobs/2599349/senior-human-resources-consultant
Provides human resources consultation services and talent management leadership to the county's public safety agencies, to include Police, Fire and Rescue, Sheriff's Office, Office of Emergency Management, Public Safety Communications, and Animal Sheltering. Works closely with stakeholders to facilitate, design and implement talent assessment and acquisition initiatives. This position requires a high degree of technical expertise, excellent oral and written communication skills, integrity, and creative problem-solving techniques while using sound judgment, possess managerial knowledge in a public sector, time-sensitive work environment.
· Oversees and manages all aspects of public safety promotional test development and administration;
· Leads and provides coaching to a team of talent acquisition professionals in the division to ensure a robust candidate pipeline for all open requisitions to include high volume and difficult to fill positions;
· Identifies process inefficiencies and makes recommendations for process redesign to create a more streamlined practice and deliver high quality results;
· Develops and maintain recruitment and examination metrics;
· Partners with department human resources managers and hiring managers to gain full understanding of business objectives, hiring needs, and position responsibilities;
· Assists with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests;
· Assists in managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the employment division;
· Ensures compliance with state, local and federal laws and regulations.
(The illustrative duties listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list. A complete list of position duties and unique physical requirements can be found in the position job description.)
Expand, revise, and enhance County Human Resources systems, programs, and products consistent with County, State and Federal laws and regulations;
Provide consulting support to multiple business partners to proactively and creatively resolve complex Human Resources issues;
Lead cross-agency change initiatives throughout to improve services and meet the needs of the client agencies;
Collaborate with senior executives to design, develop, implement, and evaluate new human resource policies and procedures;
Lead cross-functional project teams;
Manage projects from conception through implementation using accepted project management techniques;
Manage the procurement process for securing Human Resources consultant support,
including drafting statements of work/requests for bid, evaluating proposals, selecting a contractor, and managing projects;
Apply systems solutions to business problems; trains users in system functions.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
(The knowledge, skills and abilities listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list.)
Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of public sector human resources administration in relevant areas;
Extensive knowledge of human resources theories, practices and concepts;
Advanced knowledge of Federal, State and County laws, ordinances, rules and regulations pertaining to all aspects of human resource management;
Knowledge of the principles, theories, and practices of Human Resources development, including group dynamics, teaming and problem solving;
Knowledge of facilitation and presentation techniques;
Knowledge of project planning and project management techniques;
Ability to provide human resource consulting services in relevant areas;
Ability to gather, analyze, synthesize, and present facts, findings and recommendations;
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with citizens, employees and public officials;
Ability to develop recommendations, reports, studies and presentations;
Ability to guide, lead or supervise professional or administrative staff;
Highly developed skills in collaboration;
Highly developed skills in oral and written communication.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to")
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in human resource management, public administration, or a related field plus four years of professional-level human resources experience including one year of specialized experience as a senior analyst within the specialized area.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
· Three or more years of experience leading and managing public safety examination processes, policies and procedures;
· Four or more years of supervisory experience;
· Experience working with senior leadership and county attorneys;
· Strong problem-solving and decision-making, and the ability to support decisions;
· Strong interviewing and assessment skills;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Solid ability to analyze data and provide recommendations;
· Ability to work in a fast pace, high volume environment.
· Strong attention to detail;
· Experience researching and applying employment law in regards to selection and assessment.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to the position must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check.
Work is performed in an office with low to moderate noise. Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. Primarily sedentary work. Vision abilities - close, distant, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust/focus.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.