Hello PTCMW Members and Friends! It is time for another monthly update on the PTCMW operations.
SIOP Call for Reviewers - DEADLINE IS TODAY
On behalf of the SIOP conference committee, please consider signing up to serve as a reviewer. SIOP has received over 1000 submissions and are in need of additional reviewers to ensure a high-quality program.
All SIOP Fellows, Members, Associates, International Affiliates, and retired members who are up-to-date with their dues are eligible to serve as reviewers. Student Affiliates are also eligible to be reviewers if they have defended their dissertation proposal and have presented at a prior SIOP conference as a first author.
Please click here to sign up to review submissions for the conference.
Monthly Educational Sessions
For October, PTCMW and Amazon is hosting the Graduate Student Consulting Challenge!! Participating students will be engaged in challenge activities from Thursday, October 22nd to Monday, October 26th. Good luck to everyone! Winners will be announced during our November event.
Join us for this year’s modified ‘Fall Event’ – on November 18 (the event announcement will be up on the website soon)! We will kick off the event with award announcements – for the PTCMW Service Award and the Graduate Student Consulting Challenge winners. Then, Drs. Nathan Kuncel and Paul Sackett will present respectively on Using Decision Making Research and Theory to Enhance Hiring Decisions and New Developments in Stereotype Threat: Implications for High Stakes Testing. After the formal presentations, we will end the event with a virtual happy hour! Please join us.
Get Involved with PTCMW – Open Board Positions and Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in joining PTCMW? The following 2021 PTCMW Board positions are open for nominations:
- President Elect
- Vice President for Programs
If you are interested, or would like to nominate a colleague, please email us at email@example.com.
If you are interested in volunteering instead, we have many volunteer positions available – including:
- Technology Support: This focuses on helping with managing any virtual event – from managing registrations and communications to overseeing the technology aspects of the live events.
- Monthly Session Planning: This focuses on identifying topics and speakers, and coordinating upcoming events.
- Website Support: This focuses on managing and improving the website content and format.
- Blog Support: This focuses on identifying content and contributors for the blog; we are always on the lookout for additional items that will be exciting and useful to our membership.
- Community Organization Liaison Support: This focuses on growing PTCMW's connection with and support of other sister IO organizations in the DMV area.
- Graduate Student Liaison Support: This focuses on maintaining and expanding our connections with local graduate student programs.
Please reach out and let us know if you are interested; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We look forward to continuing our efforts to connect, share, and grow with you.
Emilee Tison, PTCMW President