Location: Arlington, VA
How to Apply: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1356574/senior-research-scientist
Amazon’s Talent Assessment team designs and implements groundbreaking hiring solutions for one of the world’s fastest growing companies. We work in a data-focused, global environment where we must solve complex problems (ranging from research-based to technical) and deliver solutions that have impact.
We are seeking researchers with a strong foundation in psychometrics, research methodology, and data analysis to build a strategy to quantitatively measure on-the-job success at Amazon. You will work closely with teams across Amazon to design, deliver and experiment with how we measure success for some of the most important jobs at Amazon.
We are looking for equal parts researcher, consultant, and thought leader who is highly adaptable, enjoys being challenged, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to design and experiment with measurement methods intended to precisely define exactly what job success looks like and how best to predict it.
What you’ll do:
- Design research methodologies to identify and define characteristics of high performance, and how to refine its measurement further over time
- Provide ongoing analytics design and develop new analytic strategies
- Perform complex statistical/quantitative analyses with large datasets
- Apply the scientific method to answer novel research questions
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 5+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· 3+ years experience investing the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· Ph.D. in Applied Experimental Psychology, Quantitative Psychology, Educational Measurement, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, or related field
· 5 or more years of relevant research-based experience
· Quantitative analytical abilities with advanced modeling and statistical expertise
· Previous work experience in assessment design, objective performance measurement, and complex statistical modeling
· Demonstrated ability to manage and analyze large data sets
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven problem-solving skills
· Strong internal consulting skills and a track record of influencing stakeholders
· Proven skills in experimental research design
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Proficient in at least one statistical analysis tool (e.g., SPSS, R, or SAS)