How does the Consulting Challenge work?
- Thirty (30) registered students will be selected to participate (PTCMW membership not required).
- Selected students will be placed on one of five (5) teams with students from other universities.
- Amazon will present teams with a request for proposal (RFP) that outlines a real organizational challenge.
- Teams will work together to develop a presentation and a two‐page executive summary of their technical approach.
- Amazon representatives and other expert I-Os will judge presentations and rate executive summaries.
- Each member of the first-place team will be awarded with $225 and each member of runner up team will receive $125.
For more details on the event, please visit the Consulting Challenge event page: http://www.ptcmw.org/scc.
When will the event take place?
- Thursday, October 22nd through Monday, October 26th
How do I sign up?
- Register for event and pay $15
Upload CV/resume here: https://forms.gle/vs4skFyrLvk5jQpU6
You must register by October 15th to be a part of the event.
Why should you participate?
- EXPERIENCE A REALISTIC JOB PREVIEW: PTCMW and Amazon present a challenge local organizations are currently facing in a realistic RFP format. Students present as if they were external consultants bidding on a consulting project. Solutions will be judged by expert practitioners based on theory, technical merit, and innovation. This offers participating students an opportunity to experience a realistic work sample, expand their professional networks, develop consulting skills, build communication skills, and win prizes.
- EXPAND YOUR PROFESSIONAL NETWORK: Students currently enrolled in I-O and related programs are assigned to a group made up of students with varying levels of expertise, knowledge, and program affiliations. Students will be assigned to teams and given the opportunity to network with other students, PTCMW members, and representatives from Amazon.
- DEVELOP CONSULTING SKILLS: Teams will be responsible for building an effective team, developing products, and presenting results.
- BUILD COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Each team presents to an independent panel of expert I-O judges and receives invaluable feedback.
- WIN PRIZES: Each member of the first-place team will be awarded with $225 and each member of runner up team will receive $125. All participants receive free PTCMW 2021 Student Memberships and the first, second, and third place teams will receive free admission to the Fall Event.