International Association of Chiefs of Police
Location: Alexandria, VA
- REQUISITION NUMBER: 1196
- JOB TITLE: Human Resources Generalist I
- GRADE: Grade (8)
- TEAM: Human Resources Department
- SUPERVISOR: Director of Human Resources
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist will assist in coordinating human resources services. The position will touch all facets of the Human Resources function, including recruitment and hiring, onboarding, benefits, compliance, performance management, and training. The Human Resources Generalist will work closely with the Director and human resources team in managing strategies that assist in becoming/being an employer of choice, while developing a culture that emphasizes continuous improvement, and high performance.
The Human Resources Generalist will serve as the day-to-day Human Resources contact for IACP mid-level managers and employees. The successful candidate must be comfortable leveraging different communication platforms and ensures that approved policies and a consistent framework are applied across the network.
Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Manages the full life-cycle recruitment activities including the panel interview process
- Manages proposed human resource transactions with department leadership to ensure that organizational and budgetary considerations have been analyzed and evaluated
- Works with managers in the creation or revision of job descriptions and specifications
- Responsible for training managers in the use of self-service recruiting tools and serves as a guide and resource through the recruiting process
- Post open positions to the appropriate job boards
- Facilitate the two-day New Hire Orientation
- Responsible for the onboarding process in collaboration with the Human Resources Coordinator
- Ensures background and reference checks are completed
- Works with Payroll Administrator as needed
Human Resource Communication & Operations
- Assist with the communications and messaging for the department; collaborate with other departments on messaging as appropriate to include the monthly newsletter, email communication and memorandums
- Serve as the Community Involvement committee liaison
- Will oversee the Internship program
- In coordination with other HR team members, will assist with maintaining employee records and termination files
- Administer programs, procedures, and guideline to help align staff with goals and objectives of the IACP
- Ensures the efficient administration and effective communication of IACP employee benefits program
- Maintain relationships with the association’s benefits advisers and administrators
- Assist employees with benefits enrollments, separations, inquiries, changes, audits, and compliance
- Keeps current on trends in benefits administration and evaluates alternatives. Suggests changes and modifications to the HR team for evaluation
- Enter client benefit information into carrier database
- Works with employees to make changes in ADP or other benefits related changes or questions
HR Information Systems
- Responsible for managing the Performance Management System
- Manage the HRIS and Payroll system and develop reports and analytics for Human Resources Director and other regulatory requirements
- Manage the E-Verify, HireRight and E-Learning systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in subject-related field and minimum of seven (7) years of work experience and two years of relevant work-related experience.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR Certification preferred.
- Experience in non-profit, institute, foundation association or customer service related environment preferred
- Interest and ability to work in a diverse organization being sensitive to cultural differences required
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated critical thinking with the ability to solve problems by gathering data, reasoning logically, and drawing valid conclusions
- Ability to function and thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. Self-starter with enthusiasm and initiative
- Strong internal customer service skills
- Attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by NOVEMBER 30, 2018.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/myportal/ess/recruitment/internalPostingPreview.faces?client=theiacp&jobId=266746&lang=en_US&source=CC2
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=fe5ffef1-6c09-4889-b9a0-392bec3239ea&jobId=266746&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 -OR- apply through our website at www.theiacp.org. EOE M/F
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access
The IACP is an equal opportunity employer. Federal law prohibits discrimination in employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, national origin, sex, age, or disability. No information requested on this application will be used for the purpose of excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.